Happy Monday! We’re heading to Minnesota for the Superbowl next week (one of my FAV weekends of the entire year!) and I can’t wait for the plethora of tailgating food that will be had. With a combination of juicy lucy’s and chicken wings, we’re going to kick this week off with a healthy salad!
We’ve been crushing hard on this crispy baked chicken – it is extremely versatile with flavors and bakes to perfection every time! For years, my go-to greek yogurt caesar salad dressing is from fabulous Ali at Gimme Some Oven! I’ve been subbing garlic powder for pressed garlic, as it creates a milder flavor without the bite of fresh garlic.
The best part of a greek yogurt salad dressing is that it can double as wonderful chicken marinade. Just double your dressing recipe, throw a cup in with boneless, skinless chicken breasts, toss in panko and voila! You’ve transformed a boring piece of chicken into something delicious.
The best part of this greek yogurt/panko combo is that your flavor options are endless. Check out some options below!:
- Gimme Some Oven’s greek yogurt caesar salad dressing with panko and roasted garlic seasoning
- Stacy Homemaker’s spicy southwest greek yogurt ranch with panko and taco seasoning
- Cooking Light’s greek yogurt ranch dressing with panko and italian seasoning
With any of the above options, marinade your chicken in the greek yogurt dressing minus milk! It’ll be a little thicker and allow you to add more panko! Hope you enjoy this delicious salad!
- 1 6 oz container of plain, 2% fat greek yogurt (we usually use fage)
- Grated parmesan, enough to fill up empty greek yogurt container (you want equal parts)
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 3 tsp. anchovy paste
- 3 tsp. worcestershire sauce
- 2 tsp. garlic powder
- 2 tsp. dijon mustard
- 2 tbsp. lemon juice
- ½ tsp. kosher salt
- ½ tsp. fresh ground black pepper
- 3 tbsp milk - added only to salad dressing (not to chicken marinade)
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup panko
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
- ½ tsp. black pepper
- Any additional seasonings - 2 tbsp. taco seasoning, 2 tbsp. roasted garlic seasoning, etc.
- 2 hearts of romaine chopped into bite size pieces
- 2 cups of kale (removed from the tough stem), chopped into small pieces
- Add all ingredients - except milk! - in a mason jar or bowl. Mix.
- Take half of the dressing and add to chicken breasts in a gallon bag or bowl to marinade for 20-30 minutes.
- Add milk to remaining dressing and stir until desired consistency. Refrigerate until needed.
- While the chicken is marinating, preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Combine panko and seasoning in a bowl.
- Place a baking rack on a baking sheet. This allows for the chicken to become crispy on all sides.
- Press the chicken into the panko on all sides and place on baking rack. Place pan on top rack of oven.
- Bake for 25 minutes. Then, set to broil on high for 5 minutes so the top of the chicken browns. Pay close attention - chicken can go from delightfully crispy to burned in 30 seconds!
- Combine the chopped romaine lettuce, kale, and remaining dressing.
- Top with chicken and enjoy!