I don’t know about you, but I can’t go to bed unless I’ve had some sort of chocolate-peanut butter-sumthin’sumthin’. Downside? Most sweet treats have a ton of sugar, fat, and calories. UNTIL I invented these marvelous little treats! They satisfy the craving, are the perfect size, and you can have TWO and still feel bomb diggity about yourself.
BEWARE of “healthier” alternatives to your fav treats in the grocery store! Check out those labels! “Reduced fat” = higher in sugar. “Sugar free” = wacky alternatives. I used to be the BIGGEST Skinny Cow fan! Until I read the ingredient list and didn’t recognize half the things on there. So you’re better off munching on these during the week and saving your sweet-splurge for the double decker chocolate cake at the restaurant on the weekends!
Trust me, there are many more guilt-free sweet treats coming. I’m working on some apple spice and pumpkin goodies!
- 3 medium bananas
- 1 bar dark chocolate (70% cacao)
- 4 tbsp. natural peanut butter
- Line a baking sheet with parchment or wax paper.
- Slice your bananas into slices about .5 inch thick and place on baking sheet.
- Put 1 tsp. peanut butter on every other banana slice.
- Place in freezer for 10 minutes to slightly harden.
- Melt chocolate in microwave - it should take about 45 seconds. Stir every 30 seconds to quicken the process. I recommend using a coffee mug to create deeper "pool" of chocolate to dip in.
- Make banana-peanut butter sandwiches and dip halfway in melted chocolate and place back on baking sheet.
- Place baking sheet back in freezer until bites are completely frozen (about an hour or two).
- Store in freezer and enjoy!