THIS. This bowl of SOUP. Is amazing.
Update on the life:
- Sorry for no TGIF post this week. We’re picking up our new puppy, GINO!, tonight. He’s an 8 week old golden retriever, weighing a hefty 13 pounds, and I’m busy puppy-proofing the apartment today. Stay tuned for Gino Pupdates!
- I was under the weather yesterday and my local Urgent Care patched me right up. I had matzo ball soup from the delicatessen for lunch (yum) and LUCKILY had this butternut squash soup in my pantry that I was going to try and be inventive with for dinner.
- While I made this gourmet squash soup, Dan preferred Taco Bell. Full disclosure – I had him get me a deluxe soft taco.
- Do yourself a favority favor and make this IMMEDIATELY.
- Side note – anything I add ancho chili peppers to is immediately better. It’s got a spicy punch behind it, so go lightly if you’re scardy of the spice!
- If I was overzealous, I would have made some cornbread croutons to put on top of this for a little more crunch! If you’ve got spare cornbread laying around (Who has spare cornbread laying around…?), then go for it!
I hope you all have an amazing weekend! Have fun carving pumpies, making Halloween costumes, and making delicious fall meals like this one!
Butternut Squash Soup with Ancho Chipotle Pepper Cream and Bacon Crumbles
Author: Madeleine Oliver
Recipe type: Soup
Serves: 1 serving
- 2 cups butternut squash soup
- 2 slices of bacon, crumbled
- 1½ tbsp heavy whipping cream
- 1 tsp. ancho chili pepper sauce (from a can of peppers)
- Fresh ground black pepper
- Warm your soup over stove top.
- Crisp your bacon slices and coarsely chop.
- Combine heavy whipping cream and ancho chili pepper sauce.
- Drizzle sauce over soup and top with bacon crumbles and fresh ground black pepper.
Serving size: 1 bowl Calories: 339 calories Fat: 18 g Saturated fat: 6 g Unsaturated fat: 1 g Carbohydrates: 37 g Sugar: 15 g Sodium: 1282 mg Fiber: 4 g Protein: 6 g Cholesterol: 35 mg