I’d be lying if I didn’t admit that Taco Bell Crunchwrap Supreme is my ultimate weakness. Whether going through the drive-thru at 2AM with our Uber driver (he always gets free tacos) or stopping by when you just can’t cook that night – it’s the ultimate go-to fast food! And sewwwww not good for you.
Recently, the best thing I’ve discovered is that I can make these at home and they’re 10x better and 10x healthier and 10x more customizable. AND they’re not that hard! Once you buy the ingredients, you’ll have them stored for last-minute usage and those weeknights where you need to find the closest bottle of Cabernet and some melty cheese A*S*A*P* are SAVED.
Speaking of Cabernet and melty cheese….SCANDAL COMES BACK NEXT WEEK! And the Superbowl is on Sunday!! Two “holidays” in one week! EEK! And V-Day is next Sunday!! So exciting. I’ll be posting my Superbowl app that has edamame and dates and olives and…ugh. Just wait, it’s gonna be completely amazing.
Any HOO. You could whip up these crunchwraps for the SB if you feel so inclined – they would probably stay warm in the oven wrapped in tin foil and ready to serve! Either way, these need to be on your to-do list!
- 8 whole wheat burrito-size tortillas
- 4 tostado shells
- 4 tbsp. medium queso
- 4 tbsp. greek yogurt
- 1 lb. ground turkey
- 1 packet low sodium taco seasoning
- Shredded romaine lettuce
- Diced tomatoes, about ½ cup
- Cooking spray
- Brown the ground turkey in a large sauté pan. Add taco seasoning and simmer, per the instructions on the package.
- Put ground turkey in bowl and set aside.
- After cleaning out any excess liquid, heat the same sauté over medium heat.
- To construct the crunchwraps, lay a large tortilla flat on your work surface. Trim half of the tortillas so they are smaller - about the size of the tostada shells.
- In this order - add queso, ground turkey, tostado shell, greek yogurt, lettuce, and tomato. Top the stack with the smaller, trimmed tortilla.
- Fold the edges of the larger tortilla so they wrap over the stack. Spray with cooking spray.
- Place crunchwrap folded-side down in saute pan and cover with large, heavy lid to squish it down. After about 2-3 minutes, uncover, spray the top side with cooking spray, and flip. Cook for an additional 2-3 minutes or until browned.
- Serve with additional salsa or hot sauce.