It’s Thirsty Thursday! With so many festivities up on us, times call for a great cocktail to share amongst friends. I’m sure you’ve heard me rave about How Sweet It Is, one of the best food blogs out there. She posted a fantastic recipe for Autumn Spiced Cider Sangria on her facebook page (follow!) and immediately knew I had to make it.
I’ve cheated in sangria recipes before and drank right after mixing. These is NOT one of those cheating moments. This recipe hits the nail on the head. If you didn’t watch me make this drink, you couldn’t pin point exactly what is in it except for straight *AuTuMn*. It tastes like leaves falling, fires crackling, apple pie baking, football watching. The ginger beer, apple cider, brandy, and cinnamon meld into something WONDERFUL!
So you MUST MUST make this for your Friendsgiving, Thanksgiving, Football Watching Festivities! 10 points to you if you have mason jars to serve them in. How cute! If you’re more of a margarita fan, try her Apple Cider Margaritas, which are next on my list!
Special Thanks to How Sweet It Is for this delicious recipe! Check out her blog for AWESOME food and drinks! If you’re new to food blogs, this is MUST FOLLOW.
- 1 750 mL bottle of dry white wine (chardonnay)
- 2½ cups fresh apple cider
- 1 cup ginger beer
- ½ cup brandy
- 3 apples sliced thin
- 3 pears sliced thin
- 4 cinnamon sticks, plus extra for garnish
- Cinnamon sugar to rim the cups
- Combine wine, cider, ginger beer, brandy, apples, pears, and cinnamon sticks in a large pitcher.
- Stir until well mixed. Let chill in fridge for an hour before serving.
- To make the best cinnamon sugar rim, fill one small bowl with sugar water and another with cinnamon/sugar combination.
- Dip an empty glass in sugar water first, then in the cinnamon/sugar combination until well coated.
- Fill glass with ice, sangria, and top with extra cinnamon sticks.