This week I was feeling tired of my classic winter breakfast of peanut butter toast or oatmeal topped with cold milk – the way my dad used to make it when I was a kid, the ONLY way. I had to introduce some fruit into my life and decided to go summer-style with a smoothie bowl. Topped with peanut butter and chocolate OBVIIIOUSLY.
I know half the country is stuck in their house – a perfect reason to bring out the frozen fruit in the back of your freezer you’ve been *meaning* to bake into a pie all year. I used strawberries and bananas, but any fruit combinations will do. Add in a handful of spinach if you’re feeling healthy-ambitious. I’m thinking a blueberry mango bowl is in my very very near future….
The protein powder and Greek yogurt will keep you feeling full and the frozen fruit factor makes this heavier than a quick drink. If you haven’t any protein powder, add extra Greek yogurt for your protein boost. And cacao nibs are optional – but maybe sprinkle some chocolate chips on there 😉 I gotta say, the melty peanut butter makes all the difference though!
Hope you’re enjoying your weekend – rain, snow, or sun!
- 1 banana, frozen
- 1 handful strawberry slices, frozen
- 1 scoop vanilla protein powder
- 1 cup cashew milk (Or your milk of choice)
- ¼ cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1 tbsp. natural peanut butter
- 1 tbsp. cacao nibs
- Combine banana, strawberries, protein powder, milk, and Greek yogurt in a blender. Blend until smooth and well-mixed.
- Put peanut butter in microwave for 15 seconds, or until melty. Be sure not to overcook or it'll turn into a weird texture
- Pour into a bowl. Top with peanut butter and cacao nibs.