The first seven days of September have been crazy busy. So busy that I am working on homework from two weeks ago. Or I should be – instead I’m writing this post for you all. Why? Because this recipe is crazy easy. I accidentally threw it together one day and it’s one of my go-to lunches during the week. I always have the ingredients on hand, and you can mix and match depending on what you have in your fridge!
This salad has healthy fats that keep you feeling full. Its got salty, its got sweet, its got a kick from the black pepper. The ingredients fit together splendidly. No goat cheese? Add mozzarella or blue cheese instead. No strawberries? I’ve enjoyed this with blueberries as well! Melon would be nice too. No avocado? Shame on you. JK – add in some grilled chicken for a little substance! And for those who think balsamic vinegar isn’t a true dressing…trust me. Try it first and see. It’s all the dressing this swaggy salad needs.
- 2 cups mixed greens
- ¼ avocado
- 1 oz goat cheese, crumbled (about ⅕ of a small package)
- 4-5 strawberries, sliced
- ¼ cup of walnuts
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Combine your mixed greens, avocado, goat cheese, strawberries and walnuts.
- Top with balsamic vinegar and pepper. Wait on the dressing if you're packing a lunch.
- Enjoy and feel healthy!